Just about every season, there's a new home trend that you see in every design magazine — and likely, all of your most stylish friends' apartments. From mid-century modern furniture pieces to antlers hanging on the wall, these trendy items are so universally beloved, they instantly add some extra style to any room. Here are just a few of the up-and-coming home trends that you're going to want to add to your own home.
1. Woven rattan. It was a trend decades ago, but rattan is back in a big way. From woven outdoor furniture to light fixtures made up of natural materials, these rattan decor items are perfect for adding an element of natural style to your home.
2. Mixed metals. Lately, designers have been mixing elements of brass, copper and silver in their designs, and the result couldn't be more stylish or unexpected. Try mixing metals in lamps, photo frames, side tables and other decorative knick knacks.
3. Millennial pink. While the "millennial pink" color has been trending in clothing and accessories for a bit, it's becoming more and more popular in the home decor world. Incorporate the color into your own home through throw pillows, rugs, or even upholstered furniture items.
4. Cacti. While the fiddle leaf fig was the trendy plant for the past couple years, larger-than-life cacti are the new designer favorite greenery options. Try adding a Southwestern vibe to your home by placing a tall cactus in an otherwise bare corner.
5. Jute rugs. Right on par with the natural element trend, jute rugs have an earthy look and a neutral color palette that's perfect in any area and any style of home. Whether you're looking to tie your living room furniture together, bring a calm and soothing vibe to the bedroom or even finish off your entryway with a rug that's equal parts stylish and durable, jute is a material that you're about to want in every room.
Brick oven pizza from a certified pizzaiolo, handmade fresh spinach pasta, vegan and gluten free options… all from a food court? It’s hard to believe, but it’s the norm at Angel’s Pizza & Pasta.
You’ll be looking for excuses to get to Wheaton Mall just so you can have a slice of the chicken Alfredo pizza, charred brick oven wings, or pasta with vodka cream sauce. Other rare finds for a food court pizzeria include the oven-roasted meatballs, arancini rice balls and crispy fried calamari. Plus, there are rich desserts worthy of a much fancier eatery, like tiramisu, rum cake, and creamy chocolate mousse. Whether you're out running errands or just looking for some delicious Italian fare, Angel’s Pizza & Pasta is the place to go. The restaurant also caters and delivers all over the DMV area, so making them a part of your party table or office lunch meeting this summer is as easy as one quick call.
The Montgomery College Cultural Arts Center puts on a new show every year, typically a music revue featuring hits from Broadway, Hollywood, and the world of modern pop. This year will be no different, as Songs I Never Get to Sing is coming to the Montgomery College Cultural Arts Center on May 10th, 11th, and 12th.
Snag your tickets to a performance ($22) to enjoy an evening of familiar songs, sung by pros and occasionally accompanied by a dance number. Classic tunes like “I Could Have Danced All Night” and “Big Spender” mingle with more contemporary songs such as “Shape of You” during the musical revue. Kids are welcome at the family-friendly event, coming up this weekend at the Montgomery College Cultural Arts Center. Order your tickets online to ensure a spot in the audience.